Senator welcomes first Beef Roads project


Northern based Government Senator Ian Macdonald has welcomed the first project under the $100million Beef Roads Program, which will see nearly 17 kilometres of the Clermont to Alpha Road sealed

Senator Macdonald said the $8million investment would improve an important link in the region’s transport infrastructure.

“I am delighted to see what is the first of many significant road upgrades under this program rolled out in this part of regional Queensland,” Senator Macdonald said.

“It is imperative that our important agricultural industries have access to markets, and the Coalition Government’s investment in the $100million Beef Roads Program will ensure that happens.”

The sealing works, expected to get underway early next year, will provide increased protection and room for cattle-loaded road trains to manoeuvre.

Senator Macdonald said it was not only the road infrastructure that will benefit from the Beef Roads investment.

“Local councils, in this case the Barcaldine and Isaac Shire, will also benefit, with the boost to the local jobs expected as in order to carry out the roadworks,” Senator Macdonald said.

It’s a win-win situation for regional communities, and I am proud to be part of a Government that is investing in future-proofing the regions.”

The Australian Government is contributing up to $6.414million towards the $8.017million project (80%), with the Queensland State Government providing the remaining 20%.

 

Back to List